Thursday 27 November 2014

I LOVE WALES too!


Bore da to you all

There have been a few promo postings about Wales on Facebook this week.  It got me thinking that whilst I am often saying I love the Wirral, one of the additional reasons for this is our close proximity to a place I adore. No, not Cheshire Oaks, Wales! I guess the Welsh blood helps but even so, surely it is one of the most glorious places to see and be?

My visits started in the fifties when, being lucky enough to always have had a car, we used to puttle (have I made that word up?) into North Wales regularly in one of dad's 'interesting' old cars - Austin 7, Opal, Beetle - with these journeys often taking 3 hours or so, mainly stuck in traffic jams, me with my head in a bucket being sick. Oh happy days! And yet, despite this and all those soggy tomato butties, I still love the place and even more so these days as the journey is less arduous!



The first sighting of the Horseshoe Pass or Whistling Sands beach; swimming in rivers; collecting blackberries with the cousins; tobogganing in sensational, hidden places and drinking hot chocolate there; clambering over the rocks at Swallow Falls; trying to see the sea at Blackrock Sands....................amazing. And then there is Portmeirion (one of my favourite places in the world) and those stupendous views of Cardigan Bay........the list is endless!

I have visited quite a lot the past couple of years, the most recent being in June.  This was just before I had to start the bloody chemo regime again and I am sure that filling up with all the beauty and splendour of (on that visit) Borth-y-Gest, Whistling Sands,  Pontcysyllte Aqueduct at Chirk and Betws y Coed helped me.  So very good for the soul!


And male voice choirs! Is there anything more emotional and uplifting to listen to? Well, apart from the wonderful voices of so many of my family - must definitely be something in that Welsh (and Scouse) air!

I have still to visit South Wales and so many other parts too.  Hopefully, I will try next year so if anyone has any suggestions for me, then I am here and waiting for them..................a BIG list please.

Hwyl fawr am nawr! x

PS I forgot the Snowdonian Railway, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment