Sunday 27 April 2014

Seeking Beauty..............everywhere.


Firstly, the new photo.....is called 'Shark Baby' because my brother, John, calls it 'Hammerhead Baby' .....mean sod, ha. My mum thought the hat was lovely, bless.  Oh, and Hammerhead won't fit in the title!

I really have no time to blog..........well maybe a short one..........I am going to Scotland tomorrow and still have loads to do – but I won't panic, it’s just a holiday!  Of course, going to somewhere warm is much easier, I only took hand luggage for seven days in Tenerife for God’s sake! Going to Scotland (for five days) means you need to take warm, layers of clothing.  Waterproofs, hat, scarf, gloves, big boots, socks, even a vest – well you have to look after the ol’ chest…….  Oh, and then there’s a ‘nice frock’ for the fun nights out!  Maybe clean jeans will do??? Maybe I will be too knackered anyway after all the walking? Then there are the chargers, phone, books and food.  I know they have shops up there too but will they have gojo berries and couscous – ha, gotcha! I have to be up at 5.30am tomorrow and as I can’t remember what that looks like anymore, there will be bloody bells going off everywhere – ha! This was a scene from the last visit, rather splendid eh?



Do I have time for a quick rant? Yeah, ‘course I do!  Well, Nadine Dorris (MP, from Liverpool) is writing a ‘rags to something’ book and had a substantial piece written about her in the Sunday Times the other week. Of course, there was the usual, awful photo of derelict, boarded up houses (yawn, yawn) with a contrasting ‘lady in red’ Nadine posing in the front. I am sure she is very nice but without writing an essay, can I just say that I wish prominent people from here would, when they have the opportunity, also try to show the very beautiful parts of Liverpool too (of which there are many) as a balance to these dark, dismal examples.  There are more listed building here than anyway outside of London and so many wonderful ‘firsts’ to be proud of.  Could she not, for the sake of balance, have found other places to include, in addition to her home street as it is now? Of course not, she is trying to sell a book…………….

In some small way, I would like to try and redress the balance and so I have included a few photos taken last year, mainly around the Aigburth area. There is beauty everywhere and you really don't have to look too hard to find it.  Oh, and do feel free to comment, I am sure there are many differing opinions on this!




And finally, back to Scotland. I’m also taking my lovely pal, Annie, the Thelma to my Louise, or the Patsy to my Edwina!  Well, strictly speaking, as the driver, she is taking me and I bet she is organised and packed already! Let the holiday begin…………….xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment